Our new LPC system is here!
The first trucks were unloaded yesterday, and our co-workers in Italy immediately started to commission the new system.
LPC stands for "Low Pressure Carburising" and designates a state-of-the-art technology for the case hardening and carbonitriding of steel components such as gears, shafts, mechanical components, etc.
The advantages of this process include:
- Environmentally friendly process: lower gas consumption, no CO/CO2 emission
- Improved carburising efficiency, through the use of acetylene
- No intercrystalline oxidation thanks to the absence of oxygen
- Perfectly controlled and repeatable case hardness depth within tight tolerances
- Excellent component aesthetics